Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Challenge!

Here is an interesting organizing task I ran across. Laura over at http://orgjunkie.com/came up with a great organizing challenge called 52 weeks of organizing. You can find a checklist here http://orgjunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/52-wks-of-organizing-checklist.pdf. I have developed my list and have begun tackling my projects already. Here is my list for the next three months and even though I had started a week late I have already caught up and slightly surpassed my goals for these past two weeks!
Jan 2: Take down Christmas decorations and purge any unwanted items. Set up a dropping center in garage for sale and donation items from around the house. I must remember to remove these items also when the boxes get full.
Jan 9: Go through children’s toys and purge, purge, purge! Get new Christmas toys put away.
Jan 16: Flip playroom and storage areas.
Jan 23: Go through all boxes in storage area and purge. Reorganize and purge seasonal boxes.
Jan 30: Sort through books, and list on http://www.paperbackswap.com/ those I don’t want.
Feb 6: Begin sorting for children’s consignment sale.
Feb 13: Continue sorting and tagging for sale.
Feb 20: Straighten lower kitchen cabinets.
Feb 27: Straighten upper kitchen cabinets.
Mar 6: Move pantry overstock into basement and cleaning supplies into laundry room.
Mar 13: Tackle some photos. Complete at least one full album this week! I am a total slacker when it comes to pictures- I take forever to print them out, and then they sit for another lifetime waiting to be put into albums.
Mar 20: Begin garage clean up. Get rid of all cardboard boxes and place items into plastic totes, straighten shelves, and clear out kids’ toys.
Mar 27: Continue garage clean up. Straighten lawn and garden supplies, move totes to designated area in storage, move table to craft room, then gather all craft supplies and put in craft room.

I will try to include pictures of my progress, some before and after shots, although I don’t have any photos of my projects I have completed so far. This should be a productive year if I can stick with the challenge!  
I challenge you to try this also; everyone has those little projects that just never seem to get done, well this is your chance. Make small goals for yourself and stick to it! I can do it and so can you!


No comments:

Post a Comment